Managing Director + Serial Entrepreneur
Fun fact: Fire, knives, chainsaws, you name it Chris can juggle it.
Chris’ Core Value Adds:
- Helping good people become great leaders,
- Getting them aligned to a common purpose,
- Recruitment and management of world class people,
- Setting up businesses that aren’t centred around the founder, but rather can thrive independently Developing procedures, policies and foundations for sustainable growth,
- Implementing technology solutions to solve difficult problems,
- Simplify the complicated so everyone on the team is on board with a clear vision.
During the past 20 years, Chris Rolls has built from scratch four different businesses across four different industries, making him one of Australia’s leading entrepreneurs. Three of these businesses – Rental Express, SCODY Performance Wear and First Class Accounts – have become among the largest of their kind in Australia.
Through Rental Express, (a technology enabled property management business) Chris built the largest privately owned residential property management business in Queensland with more than $2 billion of residential investment property under management across 300 suburbs. Chris sold Rental Express in 2015 in what has been widely regarded as the largest sale of a privately owned rent-roll in Australia.
Chris is considered one of the most influential people in the Australian Real Estate Industry and has presented keynote presentations at every major real estate conference in Australia and New Zealand, on the subjects of property management, real estate business growth and entrepreneurship.
Chris is regularly requested to offer media comment on entrepreneurship and property-related issues. He’s appeared in “Your Investment Property” and Australian Property Investor” magazines, “The Courier Mail” and “The Australian” newspapers, and is the resident property management expert for Brisbane’s 4BC radio show “Real Estate Talk”.
Chris has Bachelor in Sports Science and an MBA from Melbourne Business School and has studied private equity and venture capital investment at Harvard Business School. He also previously worked as the Operations Director at ASX-listed investment group Arowana International.